Before I get to the main point of this post, remember my telling you that my friend Jen on the Edge had challenged her readers to have pictures taken of themselves over the holidays and to stand proud in them? Well, today her post is linking to her reader’s photo posts (and her own). So check it out and let’s all revel in what really makes us beautiful.
Now for today’s post. I would like to thank The Coastal Living Mom for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am very honored and very excited. As you know I am fairly new to blogging and I am always looking for new blogs to follow. I find most of them by either comments they leave on my blog or on other blogs I read, or by clicking on the links on other blogger’s blog rolls. The Coastal Living Mom commented on one of my blog posts, so I checked out her blog and I really enjoy it. As you would guess from the name, she writes about coastal living and about raising her son using Green products.
Until yesterday, I had never heard of the Liebster Award. Liebster means “dearest” in German. The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers. It is intended to let people know about interesting, relatively new blogs.
There are a few rules of the Liebster Award. They are as follows:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Reveal your top five blog picks, who fit within the award parameters.
- Inform them that you have chosen them by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
These are my picks:
- Just Us 4 Carters. (http://justus4carters.wordpress.com/): She is a working mom of two children, who writes about her family and her experiences in a very well thought out, very well-written manner. Her posts are witty and smart.
- Stoic Conniption. (http://stoicconniption.wordpress.com/): This is a very new blog, written by a friend of mine. She covers topics such as worm farming, juicing, and going back to college after being a stay-at-home mom for 23 years. Her posts are very well written, witty, and fun, not to mention very informative and thought-provoking.
- Bad at Being Mom. (http://badatbeingmom.blogspot.com): She is a fellow mom, a community college professor, and a gardener. I enjoy her stories about her life with her family.
- Cooking at the Inn. (http://thearbaughscook.blogspot.com/): This mom has had a personal blog for years, but has just started this cooking blog after she made a New Year’s resolution to do more “real” cooking. Although she’s just getting started, I can already see that I will learn a lot from her cooking adventures and will have fun along the way.
- Chicken Wire and Paper Flowers. (http://chickenwireandpaperflowers.blogspot.com/): This is another blog I learned about when the blogger commented on my blog, and enjoy reading. She is a mom who enjoys baking, crafting, gardening, and has a passion for overhauling our country’s food system.
Disclaimer: I had a little bit of a hard time determining the number of followers of some blogs. For blogs in the Blogger format, I used the “member” number. For blogs in the WordPress format, I tried to guesstimate by the number of comments left on the blog. I apologize if I have included blogs with more than 200 followers. Please know this was not intentional.
I hope my readers will enjoy reading the blogs I’ve mentioned, including The Coastal Living Mom. It’s always fun to find new things to read, especially ones that teach us something while entertaining us all the while.
Thanks again to The Coastal Living Mom!